Things have not improved. We are waiting for tomorrow morning when Mom will have a second CT Scan. The original doctor said this morning that he did not recommend any treatments or procedures at all, but just to wait and see if the infections heal on their own or if they get worse. When the second doctor came in she informed us that the original CT Scan still showed multiple abdominal abscesses, and she recommended Interventional Radiology immediately to try to drain the abscesses. However, we wanted to give mom another day to gain her strength for whatever is needed after the CT Scan. So, the plan is that tomorrow morning she will have a second CT Scan and once reviewed we will be making decisions on treatment...either Interventional Radiology, major surgery or if we get a miracle and the abscesses are gone, then continued medical treatment until she gets better. So pray for that MIRACLE tonight! Mom is currently on oxygen, IV drips, a PICC line to her heart, antibiotics, and a whole bunch of other tubes and wires that I don't know what they are. She has a bedsore, swollen body and is very weak,but she is conscious and coherent.
We are starting a "Card Campaign" so we can brighten up mom's hospital room with letters, pictures and cards from friends and family (and strangers too!) If you would like to send a card or letter, the address here is
Wendy Christensen, Room 225
Rose de Lima Campus
102 E. Lake Mead Pkwy.
Henderson, NV 89015