Monday, March 21, 2011

Waiting Pattern

Well, we just got the results from the CT Scan this morning and they are really inconclusive.  Today's CT Scan shows "no change" from the earlier CT Scan.  So, they are still showing multiple pockets of fluid, which could be infectious or could be sterile.  She also has a leak from her stomach/bowels into her abdominal cavity so she has drainage tubes sticking out of her to drain the infectious fluid.  Again, this leak may heal on its own over several weeks or it may need surgery.  So, we are just in a holding pattern to see if her vital signs start to improve or to see if they start to get worse.  If they improve, she has a chance of healing without surgery.  If they start to get worse, we'll have to take action despite the risks.  The Dr said it's 50/50 which way it will go.  Sounds like we are in for a long wait holding our breaths.  Mom is still on oxygen, IV nutrition, many different antibiotics., and all the tubes and wires.  She may need a blood transfusion in the near future.  Since we are in for a long wait we are sending my dad and sister Becky home since they have been here the longest...(my dad has been here for 2 weeks now.)  My aunt Wyonne, my Grandma and I will stay here for the next several days.  We'd love your cards and letters to brighten up mom's hospital room.   Keep sending your blog comments and emails...we are reading them to my mom and she is touched and smiles (or cries) every time we read her one.  Thanks for all your support!

8 comments:

  1. I hope the pockets heal! I miss you! Be safe Grandma!
    Love, Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get well soon!
    ~Brianna H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We Love you Aunt Wendy. We hope everything goes well for you and you get better so you can come home to Washington. We are going to send you some pictures for your room.

    Love Maggie, Kyla, Susie, and Jeremiah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy we're thinking about you and praying for you. Keep smiling. I know miracles are on their way.
    *** Kathy Greenwood ***

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joe & Wendy and family...My thoughts and prayers are with all of you through this. Hang in there, and remember that prayers are often answered in very powerful ways. With faith and hope, ANYTHING is possible. Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery!!

    ~Gary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy, you are one of the sweetest and strongest people I know. My family's prayers are with you and your family at this time! You are loved, more than you know by so many people.

    May the Spirit of comfort be with you at this time.

    With love and adoration,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi you guys. I miss you all so much. I am so sorry Wendy you are going through this. You are one of the best women I know. You will always be my second Mom :) Katie call me, I want to come and visit you guys. I am only 2 hours away. I am praying for your family. I love you guys. 801-494-9162
    Love, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Wendy,
    It was so nice to see you when I was visiting WA staying at Leah's. I'm so sorry to hear what's happening with you.I've seen how determined you've been with weddings & the success you've had that I know without a doubt you have the spunky determination to heal.You're such a good friend who has shown me great examples.You are in my thoughts & prayers (Dons too!) and your family is also in our thoughts & prayers as well.
    Much Love,
    Janet & Don Smith

    ReplyDelete